JOIN OUR TEAM : CAIR-MN Deputy Director POSITION
COME MAKE HISTORY WITH US
Terms of Employment: Full-time, salaried
Location: 2511 East Franklin Minneapolis, MN 55406
Application deadline: October 1st (applications will be considered as received and until the position is filled)
Founded in 2007, The Minnesota Chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) is part of America's largest Islamic civil liberties and advocacy group, with over 35 offices and chapters nationwide. Our mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding. The demand for our services has grown tremendously in the past few years.
CAIR-MN works with our clients and communities, interfaith, social justice and labor networks to advocate, educate and build coalitions that persist for justice and mutual understanding. We lead the fight against Islamophobia and work to dismantle and change systems that foster discrimination.
CAIR-Minnesota seeks an experienced deputy director to help support and manage a growing and dynamic team. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Deputy Director will also be responsible for supervising the work of CAIR-MN staff, contractors and will be expected to play a leadership role in CAIR-MN.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Deputy Director will be responsible for, including, but not limited to, supervision of operations, fund development, event management, civic engagement, marketing communications, and outreach.
- Establish and execute an annual fund development plan in conjunction with the Development Director, including seeking funds from private and corporate foundations, private donors and other potential sources; establish and maintain professional working relationships with potential and current funders and individual donors.
- Interact with the local Muslim community and local organizations that overlap with CAIR-MN’s scope of mission on an ongoing and regular basis, establishing and maintaining solid relationships with the local community.
- Provide regular reports to the Executive Director, regarding specific programs, highlighting areas of excellence and areas of concern.
- Conduct annual evaluations of Program Directors and oversee the annual evaluation process for program staff.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Manage and direct CAIR-MN communications including coordination and preparation of marketing materials, newsletter, brochures, an e-newsletter, CAIR-MN’s website, and social media sites.
- Manage and oversee civic engagement and government affairs project including get-out-the-vote campaigns, candidate forums, CE trainings, Muslim Summit, etc.
- Manage and oversee internship, CAIR-advocates and volunteer program.
- Supervises large events including annual Benefit Gala, Ramadan Dinner and Annual Banquet.
- Organize and lead Advisory Board Members, meetings and interactions.
- Represent the organization in public forums and media events as directed by Executive Director.
- Assist Civil Rights Department and Board with trainings and other events.
- Other duties as assigned.
All CAIR-MN staff, whether permanent or temporary, are required to assist in general duties such as answering of phones, assisting with office management and cleanup, assisting with special projects such as conferences, conventions, mass mailing, and other CAIR-MN events. CAIR-MN employees may be asked to participate in events outside of normal business hours as instructed by CAIR-MN Management.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Demonstrated ability to manage, support, and develop a diverse team engaged in complex, public-interest (including government) projects and programs.
- Experience in nonprofit management preferably.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and to work collaboratively with a diverse community of colleagues, allies, and clients;
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities. Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or an advanced graduate degree or 3 years’ of management experience.
- Commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAIR-Minnesota will accept applications until October 1st, 2019, or until the position is filled. Applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including performance samples and references from people they have worked with in the past.